Due to the COVID-19 protocols/regulations there have been a number of changes made to both the use of the hockey pitch and training facilities. WHC would request you read this document carefully prior to any planned scheduled training session so as to familiarise yourself with the changes.
Before YOU Train
- You must stay home if you answered yes to any of the questions on the WHC mandatory Health Questionnaire. (click to complete)
COVID-19 Club Safety Officer
- The club has appointed a Covid-19 Club Safety Officer (Susan O’Boyle) who will ensure all guidelines are being followed during this time, and to manage queries or issues arising.
Travel to/from Training Session
- Anyone attending training session should, where possible, travel alone, or with a member from the same household.
- Only one Parent/Guardian should travel with younger players where possible
- no Parents/Guardians are permitted to attend or observe training unless directly involved in the training session.
- The Parent/Guardian must either stay in their vehicle or leave the grounds and return at the appointed collection time.
- Players to arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to session starting.
- Players must not physically greet each other at any stage.
- Players should arrive ready to play as there will be no access to changing areas.
- Please note changes to the parking facilities.
Check in (registration process)
- All registration for events should take place online where possible.
- Check in and confirm attendance with COVID-19 Supervisor.
- Players must go immediately to their training zone area post check in.
- Hands should be sanitised on entering the pitch.
- Changing facilities/showers are to remain closed during this period, except for toilet facilities.
- Attendees must bring their own water bottle and must NEVER share it.
- Attendees should, ideally bring a small bottle of hand sanitiser/antiseptic wipes with them to training sessions.
- Attendees must bring their own equipment (hockey stick, mouth guard, shin guards, etc) and must NEVER be shared.
- Your coach will inform you of your training pod (squad) and you must remain in this training pod over the coming weeks/months.
- Each pod/group/team will be zoned on the pitch.
- Movement between zones will be minimised and controlled at all times.
- Pods will stay the same throughout these phases during play/training sessions.
- Dug outs are not to be used.
- If you feel unwell, notify your coach immediately.
- Post training players must leave immediately.
- Hands should be sanitised on leaving the pitch.
- Ensure personal equipment is cleaned thoroughly and sanitised after use.
- If a player becomes unwell after training, the should first contact their G.P. by phone and then inform their club. The club will then follow advice provided to them by the HSE on the next steps.
- Members should be encouraged to remind other members of the guidelines, in a respectful manner, when they witness poor practices.
- Repeated poor practice should be reported to the club as soon as possible.
Social Distancing Behaviours
- Players must refrain from handshakes and high fives.
- Practice good cough/sneeze etiquette and dispose of any used tissue in a responsible manner.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Remain apart from other players when taking a break.
- Players should not handle the ball with their hands, they must use a hockey stick at all times.
- Players should avoid cleaning/touching mouth guards on the pitch
- If a ball from another zone comes across, send it back with a kick or use hockey stick, do not pick up with your hands.
- Social distancing is advised when travelling in vehicles to/from training.
- No spitting or clearing of nostrils on pitch or grounds.
- If you feel unwell during training session, notify you coach immediately.