Due to the COVID-19 protocols/regulations there have been a number of changes made to both the use of the Hockey pitch and training facilities. WHC would request you read this document carefully prior to any planned scheduled training session so as to familiarise yourself with the changes.
Before You Train
- You must stay at home if you have answered yes to any of the questions on the WHC mandatory Health Questionnaire.
COVID-19 Safety Officer
- All parents/Guardians to ensure that Children/Youths attending Hockey Clubs or events are fully aware of the Guidelines enforced in the current phase by the COVID-19 Officer.
- Parents/Guardians must ensure that the COVID -19 Officer and Event team are made fully aware in advance of any medical conditions a player may have.
Travel to/from Venue
- Only one Parent/Guardian should travel with young players where possible – parents/guardians not directly involved in the training session are permitted to attend or observe training.
- The driver must either stay in the vehicle or leave the grounds and return at the appointed time.
- Players should arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to session commencing.
- Players must not physically greet each other at any stage.
- Players should arrive togged ready to play as there will be no access to changing rooms.
- Parents/Guardians of players with specific medical conditions can remain in Car Park in case of an emergency, providing they adhere to all guidelines in place in that phase.
Check in (registration) Process/Pre-training or event
- All registration for events should take place online where possible.
- Parents/Guardians should complete the Waterford Hockey Club Return to Play mandatory Health Questionnaire prior to attending.
- Parents should not approach check in areas where possible and must adhere to social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Hands should be sanitised on entering pitch.
- Parents/Guardians must ensure their children are fully kitted out when they arrive for the sessions as there will be no access to dressing rooms on site.
- All children should have their own equipment and must NEVER share it, these items include water bottles, clothing, sun cream, hand sanitiser, etc.
- Training areas will be divided into zones with players/coaches allocated to training within each zone.
- Pods/Groups/squads will stay the same throughout these Phases/Steps, from exercise to exercise and training to training (subject to change on Government advice).
- All players to remain in socially distanced groups during breaks and not to mingle.
- Bathroom breaks, will be staggered with no grouping and this should be organised prior to commencement of event.
- There will be no access to changing rooms so Parents/Guardians should be mindful of this when packing the players bag.
- If you feel unwell during a training session, notify your coach immediately.
- Player must sanitise hands on exiting the pitch.
- Players must leave immediately, dressing rooms will not be accessible for anyone.
- Parents/Guardians should ensure that all kit and equipment is thoroughly cleaned.
Social Distancing Behaviours
- Players must refrain from handshakes and high fives.
- Practice good cough/sneeze etiquette and dispose of any used tissue in a responsible manner.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid cleaning/touching mouth guard on pitch.
- Remain apart from other players when taking a break.
- If a ball from another zone comes across, send it back with a kick on the ground or use hockey stick, do not pick up with your hands.
- Social distancing is advised when travelling in vehicles to/from training.
- No spitting or clearing of nostrils on pitch or grounds.