COVID-19 Club Safety and Compliance
- Coaches are to complete the www.sportireland.ie/covid19/course prior to scheduled training sessions, when completed email certificate to WHCcovid19@gmail.com).
- In advance of the training session, Coaches should submit a sample session plan online to the COVID-19 Club Officer to demonstrate adherence to guidelines.
- Coaches/COVID-19 Officer are to ensure COVID-19 Supervisor have access to the training registration list.
Travel to/from Club
- Coaches/COVID-19 Supervisor are to ensure players have been briefed on Guidelines regarding Travel to and from club.
Check in (registration) Process/Pre-Training
- Ensure all players have checked in and sanitised their hands prior to commencing training.
- Have a detailed training plan, communicate this with players to allow them reduce mingling between activities.
- Ensure minimum amount of equipment is used in sessions.
- Communicate pods (squads) to players and ensure they remain in those over the coming weeks/months as guidance directs.
- Coaches to ensure only approved facilities are utilised in planning activation of session, in agreement with COVID-19 Officer.
- All meetings must take place on pitch, adhering to social distancing, and must take no longer than 5 minutes.
- Dug outs are not to be used during this phase.
- Ensure that training zone are clearly marked out.
- Ensure all areas needed for the session are marked out prior to beginning of each session to reduce lag time between activities.
- Where possible social distancing should be ensured during training, warm ups, water breaks, queuing for drills etc.
- A COVID-19 Supervisor must be in attendance for all scheduled training sessions.
- Players should not touch any coaching equipment, (hockey balls, cones, throw down lines, etc).
- Goalkeepers should only train if they have their own designated (not shared) goalkeeping equipment, this should be sanitised after each session.
- Training for penalty corner is permitted, however, penalty corner equipment (e.g. face masks) cannot be shared.
- After training ensure all players leave grounds immediately without using the facilities or mingling.
- Ensure all players sanitise their hands prior to leaving the pitch.
- Ensure, with the COVID-19 Club Supervisor, that equipment used in session is sanitised post session and stored for use by that team only over the coming Phases/Steps.
Activity (training etc.)
- Coaches to ensure all activities are carried out in strict adherence to Hockey Ireland guidelines in individual Phases/Steps. See updates as per Hockey Ireland guidance.
Social Distancing Behaviours
- Players must refrain from handshakes and high fives.
- Practice good cough/sneeze etiquette and dispose of any used tissue in a responsible manner.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Remain apart from other players when taking a break.
- If a ball from another zone comes across, send it back with a kick on the ground or use hockey stick, do not pick up with your hands.
- Social distancing is advised when travelling in vehicles to/from training.
- No spitting or clearing of nostrils on pitch or grounds.